Job Posting: Communications & Outreach Director
POSITION: Director of Communications and Outreach
ABOUT US: SecondStreet.org is a think tank that conducts public policy research, but we also focus on telling the stories behind the numbers.
Simply put, we’re showing how everyday Canadians are affected by a tax increase, a government health care policy decision, a natural resource project that has held up by government red tape, etc.
We communicate those stories through short videos, newspaper columns and media interviews. The stories also feature our own research and the work of other reputable think tanks in Canada.
We see opportunity, choice and responsibility as three pillars for the successful, self-governing nation envisioned by Canada’s founders.
As a growing organization, we’re looking to hire some help.
JOB DESCRIPTION: We’re looking for someone to join our team either on a full-time or part-time basis (preferably the former) as our Director of Communications.
Here’s what the job entails:
- Work remotely in a flexible work environment
- Help us find everyday Canadians who are willing to publicly share their experience with government policies
- Conduct interviews online and in-person (some travel required), help us come up with creative video ideas and provide direction to our video team during editing
- Manage our social media platforms and regularly post material to our website
- Assist with earned media activities (participate in interviews, write columns, help draft news releases, assist with editing content)
- Other duties as assigned
This is a unique position and we don’t expect candidates to be able to check all the boxes. However, you should have experience with most areas (we can work together in areas where you need to brush up on your skills).
What we are looking for is someone who is:
- Self-motivated and is prepared to work independently
- The ideal candidate will be aware of major public policy issues in Canada and have a background in communications
- Above all, the director must be enthusiastic, takes initiative and committed to the mission of SecondStreet.org
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND REPORTING:
- This position reports to the president and will provide a monthly activity report that outlines progress on annual performance measurements
- After an initial six-month review, the president and CEO will conduct a comprehensive job evaluation
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter that explains their relevant experience – to Colin Craig: email@example.com . The deadline for applying is July 30, 2021.
You can help us continue to research and tell stories about this issue by making a donation or sharing this content with your friends. Be sure to sign up for our updates too!